There is no secret to fat loss. The process is simple, but not easy. Today, I’d like to share three, simple habits that will help you tremendously toward your fat loss goals. The best part, you can incorporate them into your life right away.
Slow Down – What’s the one thing that makes all diets work? They control the amount of food you eat. You can do this on your own without investing time and money into a new diet.
- Eat slowly and stop when your 80% full. I promise you that you’ll consume less calories (and feel better).
- Ready for a challenge? Take 20 minutes to ingest your next meal.
Drink Water – You need to drink 1/2 of your body weight in ounces every day. Coffee, black tea, pop and juice don’t count. Green Tea is Okay.
- Water lubricates the joints and helps your muscles contract. Proper hydration can help reduce muscle and joint soreness when exercising.
- Dehydrating your body will slow down your fat loss, the fat burning process requires sufficient water. Dehydration slows your metabolism.
- Burning calories creates toxins. Water plays a vital role in flushing them from your body.
- Dehydration can make you feel tired, possibly leading to overeating. Plus this will likely affect performance on the gym floor.
- Sometimes when we think we’re hungry, we’re actually thirsty. A recent study showed that if you drink a glass of water before a meal, you’ll eat an average of 75-90 calories less. According to evolutionfitnessnow.com
Take your Fish Oil & Multi-Vitamin – Fish oil has been associated with a long list of health benefits. Including:
- The treatment of depression, anxiety, ADHD, and other mental disorders.
- Helping the liver metabolize fat more effectively.
- Helping to improve motivation. So if you’ve just started a gym program that you’re not especially fond of, take your fish oil to help you get to the gym.
According to Precision Nutrition there have been a number of studies in the UK, US, and Canada showing that giving one multi-vitamin tablet and one omega 3 rich fish oil tablet per day to prison inmates reduced the incidence of violent behaviour by 50%.
But this doesn’t just work in prison inmates. The same studies were repeated in primary schools and a similar decrease – about 50% – in playground violence was seen with just a multi-vitamin and fish oil tablet each day.
So there’s some good evidence that the presence or absence of certain nutrients can both impact mood and behaviour.
For more information click here.
- I recommend that my clients take 2 tablespoons per day for two weeks, then 1 tablespoon every day indefinitely.
BONUS TIP: Mind your posture – heres a bonus tip, stand up straight.
- Go to a Mirror and take note of the position of your body.
- Now pull in your abdominal wall, press your chest out, your shoulder back and hold your neck tall (like someone has a string attached to the crown of your head and they are pulling on to make your body tall)
- You look like you just lost 5 pounds!