Lately, my favorite workout consist of 1 strength set followed by 2-3 metabolic conditioning sets. I’ve done a few workouts like this in the last couple of weeks & this design is quickly becoming my top pick because it’s intense (fat burning) and quick (time saving) & the best thing: they’re really fun!
For the first set:
- Start with a weight that’s easy for you to finish 10 reps.
- Increase your weight by 10-20% depending on how easy the previous set was, then do 8 reps;
- Increase again by 5-10% for 6 reps;
- Increase for 4 reps;
- Finish by going back to the weight you had for 10 reps and do as many as possible!
- Record your reps and try to beat it next time you execute the workout.
Next you’ve got 2 sets of metabolic conditioning to burn fat. Remember to break as often as you need too and as little as possible. Keep track of how long it takes you to finish each circuit, then next week try to beat your time! Be your own personal trainer and kick your own butt!!
It’s quick & intense. I love it cause you can get it done in 35-40 minutes for you busy folks. Plus the intensity is gonna burn off fat like crazy. Push yourself out of your comfort zone.
Here’s a worksheet to help you keep track of your progress. Fat Burning Workout
This program is designed for you gals that have been training for a while, it’s not intended for beginners. If you are just starting out, contact me for a workout targeted to build fundamental strength.
I hope you love it as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try – I’d love to hear from you.
Here are some Warm up and cool down routines: