OK if you’re like me, you eat and drink a bit too much during holiday week-ends or vacation periods. Here are 5 steps that will help you detox and get back on track.
1. Ditch the leftovers. Yup that’s right, get rid of the extra cupcakes, potato chips
and junk that’s left in the fridge and cupboard. I don’t put a lot of trust in willpower — it’s the first thing to go when you need it the most. If it ain’t around, you can’t eat it. If it pains you to throw away food, pack it up and give it to the homeless.
2. Drink lots of water. No calories, refreshing and detoxifying. Water will flush the system and remove toxins from extra sodium, booze and cleanse the system. Binge on water.
3. Get back to the gym. Just because you stopped training for a few days, don’t let that mess up your training schedule. Get back to the gym – sweat out those calories, and burn off the extra fat you may have accumulated during your holiday.
4. Get back to your regular eating habits, opt for lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. Binging (even a short period) can increase your overall appetite. Control your hungry with food that good for you and refuse the salty/sugary stuff.
5. Be kind to yourself. Everybody falls off the wagon once in awhile. Accept it and get back on the wagon as soon as possible.
Here’s to you being happy, healthy, lean and fit!