provided by Cooking Light, July 2010
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups (1-inch) cubed fresh pineapple (about 8 ounces), divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced habanero pepper
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup julienne-cut peeled jicama
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (5-ounce) package fresh baby spinach (about 8 cups)
1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with chili powder and salt. Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; set aside.
2. Combine half of pineapple, cilantro, orange juice, vinegar, habanero, and garlic in a blender; process until smooth. With blender on, gradually add olive oil until blended.
3. Combine remaining pineapple, jicama, and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with 3/4 cup dressing, and toss gently to coat. Divide salad evenly among 4 plates. Cut chicken across the grain into thin slices; divide chicken evenly over salads. Drizzle salads evenly with remaining 1/4 cup dressing.
- 15.2g (sat 2.3g,mono 10.2g,poly 1.8g)